View Single Post
Old 22-04-2024, 07:03 PM
StarGazer7 (Navid)

Thanks folks for the great friendly advise.

I didnt know those astronomy clubs existed, may have to look them up.

I didn't say this earlier but if its worth it, I am open to going to different areas of Sydney, say within half hour drive of where I am, and re-set up the telescope to see if we find something new.

Again this is really just more for entertainment and introducing my children, and my wife to space stuff. We have gone to museums of this kind where we have found them in Australia and around the world.

This also emphasized the point about easy set up and easy use as I simply have no experience.

Regarding buying second hand, I personally dont mind but if it is something that is a bit older and/or requires assembly or is missing parts I would be hopeless in fixing it. I will probably need something that is relatively plug and play.

My biggest astronomy experience is falling sleep to youtube documentaries about solar system, nebulas and all the space stuff which to be fair I have done it for some time now

That as well as knowing bit of physics from my university engineering studies which is many years ago.