View Single Post
Old 26-04-2024, 02:52 PM
Bassman (Paul)

Tired of continual set-ups in the cold and wet

G’day,

It has been a long time between posts. I am the owner of an 8” Celestron Evolution Edge HD with Star Sense. Location Dalyston, Victoria.

With plans on the board to sell the Harley because of a dicky knee and my dear wife would like a spa at our new relocation. I was toying with the tent like observatories on eBay as a portable setup and one I could close up with any inclement weather.

Though I wonder if anyone else has travelled this ground before me and possibly I could do a joint project of spa and observatory. I would like an observatory that can take an 8” sct with plans for a larger one, one day or a 5” or 6” refractor. Possibly refractors have two many minuses and I should stay with the Schmidt’s. The back yard is small and an observatory and a spa would be a tight fit.

As I type I am thinking of a roll off shed or a round observatory running west east parallel to the house and the spa at the end of the house in a square formation. If I give you my address you could possibly Google Map It and have a better idea. I am a bit reluctant to post the address though could share it in a PM. I should also point out that there is a three metre easement at the eastern most end of the block running north south.

Warm regards,

Mitch in chilly, windy Dalyston South Gippsland Victoria.