Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2024, 02:54 PM
leon

Lexar 32 Gig Finger Print USB Drive

Hi Guys I bought one of these fancy Lexar finger print USB drives as I had some very personal and private stuff that I needed to keep secure.

So I get it home plug it in and open the setup part and it wants me to go through the process which I do and it dose recognise my finger print and now it is set up.

So I download my private stuff to this thing and remove it, but I would like to test it and see how this works.

Well I plug it in again and nothing really happens and I can just open any file in the USB I thought it needed a finger print to open.

Well now I am a little confused, yea I know, it doesn't take much but it seems anyone can just plug it in and use it.

Or am I doing something wrong here, any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Leon
Old 11-05-2024, 01:52 PM
leon

Hi Guys many thanks for looking however I have solved the problem and it seems that all is fine, thank you.

Leon
Old 11-05-2024, 05:39 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Glad you got it sorted Leon. I know my son and I have played with various devices with fingerprint scan, I'd rather just type a password in, from laptops to tablets and phones plus a fancy thing I purchased to fit to my shed which hasn't been fitted yet. I move too slow to get much done in any sort of reasonable time frame but I eventually get there.....
Old 12-05-2024, 05:38 AM
leon

Hi Leo, yea mate I know how you feel sometimes, however I did miss one small installation of the USB and really once I got it sorted it is very simple and works well, have a great day.

Leon