Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-06-2024, 12:45 PM
Dekker (Derrick)

Greetings from another new guy

Hi all! After lurking in these forums for almost a year, I thought it was time to introduce myself. My name is Derrick, and I'm from Sydney's north.

I've been interested in the planets and space in general from a young age, but only started my astronomy journey after receiving a Celestron Firstscope for a Christmas present 3 years ago. Since then, I've upgraded to a Skywatcher 200PDS on (manual) EQ5 mount and purchased an ASI224MC then Player 1 Uranus-C cameras to try some planetary imaging.

My day job is an embedded software engineer, and I have some experience in machine vision and image processing from Uni a quarter century ago. I've had a few ideas banging around in the back of my head since then that seem ideally suited to planetary imaging, so last year I started working on my own recording & processing software to give me a platform to experiment with and proof of concept. It is very much a work in progress at this time, but I can share some results in the Solar System section that some may be interested in.
Old 19-06-2024, 02:50 PM
leon

Welcome Derrick, you will enjoy your time here, please feel free to ask away if you need any help with anything, there is no such thing as a dumb question.

Leon