Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2024, 09:36 AM
Constant (David)

Thank you

A huge vote of that’s to all those supporting my exit from Astro. I’m going to be holding onto a few things, for the grandchildren, to experience Moon planets etc. for the main, it’s clearing the decks.
With the grace of God and a fair wind this process will be done with quickly.
Note: if anyone is dissatisfied with the “new, or as new” description the goods are given, please return in the original packaging for a full refund via bank transfer.
It means a lot, it’s like ripping off a bandaid, it’s best done quickly.

Again, thank you

David Duffy

Last edited by Constant; 03-06-2024 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:22 AM
Constant (David)

Thank you all for your help in rehousing some of my Astro gear. I’m going to take a hiatus for a little while, simply to grab breath.
Again, thank you all.

The response to sending all packages Express Post has been overwhelming. It’s clear Express passes valuable security and timeline advantages. I’ve decided that as my gear goes out it will all travel express.

Last edited by Constant; 06-06-2024 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2024, 12:27 PM
Constant (David)

Express post, the only way to forward

My clearance of Astro gear has secured for many absurd prices on mostly unused gear.
This however isn’t the reason for comment. My decision to send all consignments Express Post has imparted a very valuable lesson. Though the nominal charge of $15 rarely covers the cost of Express, Express has delivered a timely thread for delivery.
It’s clear standard post is now a “slow boat” all priority is given to Express, for one I will never use standard post again for Astro or Photographic parcels.
Just food for thought…. as a seller Express makes you look efficient, as a buyer unexpected security and speed, definitely worth the few dollars extra.
Underlying this, our consignments are typically of high value
Old 10-06-2024, 07:22 PM
AdamJL

Best of luck with your future endeavours, David. I've seen your threads and you've been getting rid of some amazing gear at fantastic prices. "Ripping the bandaid off" is an apt description.

I hope you enjoy your switch to "normal" photography. I still dabble in it (in fact, I'm going to be getting back into seascapes soon) and it's a lot of fun.

Take care!
Adam